Americans and Canadians have a hard time finding affordable dental care locally. You may come across a list of dentists offering a wide range of treatments, but there is a good chance none of them suit your budget. So, what is the solution? Travelling across the border to Los Algodones might prove a suitable alternative. Los Algodones, known also as Molar City, is a Mexican border town, accessible via the borders from California and Arizona. The dentists’ prices Los Algodones offers are a fraction of what you pay back home. Inexpensive dental work attracts a lot of Americans to Algodones.
Of course, you might have some apprehensions about travelling to Mexico for dental procedures. Is crossing the border to receive veneers or crowns might worth your while? The great news is that Molar City is one of the, if not the, most accessible dental tourism destinations for people in the US and Canada. Moreover, the dentists’ prices Los Algodones offers are low enough to make the trip feasible. Here is an overview of the amount you have to spend on dental work in Molar City:
How Much Can You Save?
As mentioned, the prices of nearly every dental treatment you can consider are lower in Algodones as compared to Toronto or New York. Depending on the procedure you select, you can save over 80%. The dental implant prices in Los Algodones are a prime example of the savings you can enjoy. In the US and Canada, the cost of dental implants is around USD $3,900 / CAD $5,000 on average. In comparison, the dental implant prices in this Mexican town are USD $1,250 / CAD $1,700, which means the cost is a third of what you have to spend back home. You can count on Molar City dental implants to save your smile and money!
The all-on-4 costs are equally as low, with the procedure costing USD $34,417 / CAD $45,582 in the US and Canada. In comparison, you can receive all-on-four implants for USD $9,817 / CAD $12,694 in Molar City. As you can see, you save over 70% on the all-on-4 costs. Keep in mind that the dentists’ prices in Los Algodones are equally as low for other treatments, with crowns, veneers, and root canals, all available for over 65% lower than the amount you spend in the US and Canada.
Why Are the Prices So Low?
An impressive part of the equation is that even the top clinics in Los Algodones keep prices low such as Simply Dental, Alberta Dental and Castle Dental. But, you might wonder if the low cost indicates low quality as well. Thankfully, that is not the case at all. The reasons for the low prices include:
- Running a clinic in Los Algodones costs significantly less money than in Los Angeles or Vancouver. Dentists save money on operating costs, and pass on the savings to their patients.
- Labor and materials are significantly cheaper in Molar City. Even though the dentists use the same standard equipment and supplies as their American and Canadian counterparts, they do not have to spend as much money.
- There is no bureaucratic red tape driving up costs for clinics in Molar City, which is often a big pain for dentists in the US and Canada
All these reasons combined ensure that the dentists’ prices Los Algodones offers are considerably lower than in the US and Canada. You should definitely travel to Molar City if you want affordable dental treatments. All in all, Algodones is the cheapest and most convenient dental destination in North America.
- Slater, Caitlin. Dental tourists head to Los Algodones. KYMA. February 26, 2018.
- Rounsaville, Donna M. How Dental Implants Can Save Your Smile. Colgate. https://www.colgate.com/en-us/oral-health/cosmetic-dentistry/implants/how-dental-implants-can-save-your-smile-0415
- “Molar City,” the cheapest dental-tourism destination for North Americans. The Yucatan Times. October 26, 2018.